Today we will make tawa pulao. Tawa pulao is everyone’s favorite street food in Mumbai. It can be easily prepared at home. So’ let’s start making tawa pulao.
- 1 cup cooked rice
- Tomatoes (400 grams) (finely chopped)
- 2 boiled potato (300 grams)
- 1 capsicum (finely chopped)
- 1 cup green Pea
- 2 to 3 table spoon butter (50 to 60 grams)
- 2 to 3 table spoon Green coriander (finely chopped)
- 1 small table spoon Ginger paste
- 1 Green Chilly (finely chopped)
- ¼ small table spoon Turmeric powder
- ¼ small table spoon Red chili powder
- 2 small table spoon pav bhaji masala
- 1.5 small table spoon Salt (as per taste)
How to make Tawa Pulao
1. To make tawa pulao, heat a pan first. Place 2-3 table spoon butter into the pan and let it melt. Add 1 small table spoon ginger paste, 1 chopped green chilly. You can add more chilies as desired. Then add ¼ small table spoon turmeric powder. This will give the pulao a nice colour and it is too. Roast the masala for a while.
2. Now we will add chopped tomatoes. Here we have removed the seeds from the tomatoes and chopped them finely. Stir fry then for a while. Cover and cook it for 2-3 minutes till tomato become soft and tender. Meanwhile, peel and chop the potatoes. Take 2 medium sized boiled potatoes. Now peel them. Cut the potatoes into small pieces. Potatoes are chopped now.
3. Now check tomatoes. We have cooked the tomatoes for 2 minutes and now they become soft. Mash it a little.
4. Now add capsicum and green peas. Mix then well. Again, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes till capsicum and green peas become tender. 2 minutes are over, now check. Green peas have become tender.
5. Mash the vegetables slightly, like this. Don’t mash it too much, just mash it as much as possible with spatula.
6. Now we will add masala. Add ¼ small table spoon red chilly powder. if you want to make it spicy then increase in quantity. Then add 2 small table spoon pav bhaji masala. This is the main ingredients of tawa pulao, so don’t skip it. Further add 1.5 small table spoon salt and some green coriander. Mash while Mixing everything. Vegetables are now mashed.
7. Now add ½ cup of water to it. Again, mash the vegetables. Vegetables and masala are now cooked. Add potatoes to it. Mix everything well and keep mashing. Vegetables are now cooked through.
8. Now add rice to it. Here we are taking 1 cup of cooked rice. Cook it until the rice mixes completely with the vegetables. All the vegetables and tice is now mixed well. Tawa pulao is also ready. Transfer it to a plate. Scrumptious and finger-licking tawa pulao is now ready to serve. Garnish It with some coriander sprigs. Serve the delicious and delectable tawa pulao with curd or raita.
This much of tawa pulao is sufficient for 3-4 members, it is very easy to convenient to prepare. So, whenever you crave for tawa pulao, prepare it and relish eating. Share your experience on Recipedekho.com