Namaskar welcome to recipedekho.com today we will make Pav Bhaji. Pav bhaji is the most loved street food in Mumbai. It can be conveniently prepared at home as well. So let’s start making pav bhaji
Ingredients of Bhaji : –
- 1 Cup (200 Grams) Florets Cauliflower
- 1/2 Cup Green Pea
- 1 Cup Water
- 3 (300 Grams) Boiled Potato
- 6 (400 grams) Tomatoes
- 1 (100 grams) Capsicum-
- 2 Table Spoon Butter
- 1 Small Table Spoon Ginger Paste
- 2 (Finally Chopped) Green Chilly
- 1/2 Small Table Spoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Small Table Spoon Coriander Powder
- Salt-More Than Small Table Spoon (As per Taste)
- 1 Small Table Spoon Deggi Red Chili Powder
- 2 Small Table Spoon Pav Bhaji Masala
- 1.5 Cup Water
- Green Coriander (Finally Chopped)
- 1 Table Spoon Butter
Ingredients of Pav : –
- 1 Table Spoon Butter
- 3 Big Pieces of Pav
Recipe of Pav Bhaji
- To make pav bhaji, we will boil cauliflower and green peas firstly. Take a vessel. Take 200 grams cauliflower. Cut the florets and wash thoroughly then chop them in small chunks. Place chop cauliflower into vessel. Take ½ cup green peas and add to it. Pour cup water.
- Put the flame on and let it cook till the veggies become soft. Cover the vessel so that it gets tender quickly.
- While the veggies cook, we will peel the potatoes and chop the tomatoes and capsicum. We have peeled the potatoes.
- Now we will chop the tomatoes. If you see a lot of seeds in tomatoes then you can remove them. Discard the seeds of capsicum and chop them finely.
- Here we have chopped the capsicum also. Let’s check the Veggies. Cauliflower and peas are soft now. These are Completely boiled.
- Now we will make pav bhaji. Take the vessel off the flame. Heat a pan. Pan is now heated.
- Add 2 table spoon of butter to it. Let the butter melt. Add 1 small table spoon ginger paste and 2 chopped green chilly (remove) the seeds. Roast them for a while.
- Now add chopped tomatoes, ½ small table spoon turmeric powder, and 1 small table spoon coriander powder. Mix it well. Add chopped capsicum. Mix everything really well. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes until the tomatoes get cooked. 3 minutes are over and tomatoes are cooked too.
- Now mash it with the help of masher.We have mashed the tomatoes and capsicum completely with the masala.
- Now we will add boiled cauliflower and green peas to it. Cook them while mashing it together. Vegetables are now mashed completely.
- Now add potatoes to it. Crumble the potatoes with hand and add them. Add little more than 1 small table spoon of salt. 1 small table spoon of red chili powder and 2 small table spoon pav bhaji masala. You can adjust the chilly according to your taste.
- Again, cook while mashing the bhaji continuously. We will also add water to it but first, mash them nicely. Add ½ cup water. If required then later we will add more water. Cook and keep mashing the veggies until everything comes together.
- Now bhaji is mashed and cooked completely. We have added 1 ½ cup of water. Veggies are still crunchy which tastes delicious.
- Now we will add some chopped green coriander add 1 small table spoon of butter into the bhaji. Because butter will enhance its flavor. If you want to add onion
- Then finely chop an onion. Add it to the butter and stir for a while then add the remaining masala as
- Instructed and prepare the bhaji. Bhaji is now ready. Transfer it to a bowl. Garnish it with some butter and coriander sprigs.
Making of Pav
- Now we will toast the Pav Bread. Take pav bread like this and slice it from between. Here in Jaipur
- We get pav bread like this but in Mumbai, you will get very soft pav bread. So we will use this pav breads. Cut and open like this. Put some butter on tawa and let it melt. Slightly toast pav bread like this. Flip the side and let it toast it for a while. Toasted pav bread is now ready. Toast few more pav bread.
- Pav Bhaji is now ready to serve. Mouthwatering and Delectable pav bhaji is now ready. It is very easy to make. This much of pav bhaji sufficient for 3-4 members. So, whenever you feel like making something special for you dinner then defiantly try this pav bhaji recipe and relish eating.
Share your experience on recipedekho.com. See you soon with another delightful recipe.