We all often like eating chaats and today we are making aloo Tikki chaat which can be prepared. Aloo Tikki chat is famous in the Indian street. Indians always prefer chat-pata taste and Aloo chat is one of them. We will interduce with Aloo chat recipe.
- For Tikki
- 8 to 9 Boiled Potatoes (600 grams)
- 3 to 4 Small Table Spoon Oil
- 2 to 3 Table Spoon Coriander Leaves (finely chopped)
- 2 Green Chilis (finely chopped)
- 2 to 3 Table Spoon Corn flour
- 1 Small Table Spoon Salt (as per taste)
For Serving: –
- Whisked Curd
- Green Coriander Chutney
- Sweet Tamarind Chutney
- Roasted Cumin Powder
- Red Chili Powder
- Black Salt
- Besan Sev
Procedure : –
- Let’s start with the procedure of making aloo tikki chaat. We have taken 8 to 9 boiled potatoes for making instant aloo tikki chaat. Let us peel the all the potatoes. Now grate the potatoes as we need smooth dough for making tikki. Grate all the potatoes.
- Now let us mix spices to the grated potatoes. We have taken 2 finely chopped green chilies, 1 small table spoon salt, 2 to 3 table spoon finely chopped green coriander and 3 table spoon corn flour. You can also use arrowroot or bread crumbs as well.
- This helps reduces the moisture of potatoes and Mixture binds well and it gets apt crispiness. Mix everything really well and prepare dough for preparing the tikki. The dough is ready, grease your hand with some oil and knead the dough again.
- Let us start making the tikkis now. Preheat a pan for roasting the tikkis. Grease your hand with some oil and pinch some dough for making tikki. You can keep the size big or small as desired. Roll into a round ball and then flatten it like this, giving it a shape of tikki.
- Let us keep some tikkis ready. We are done with making the tikkis, let us roast them. For this, we have already heated the pan, pour 3 to 4 small table oil to it. We are shallow frying the tikkis but you can deep fry them as well.
- Spread the oil evenly on the pan and place the tikkis in pan to roast. Keep the flame medium-low and roast the tikkis until it gets golden brown from beneath. Meanwhile let us the prepare the remaining tikki as well. Check the tikki like this.
- The tikki has turned brown from beneath, flip the side and roast from the other side as well until brown. Bring these tikkis on one side and place more tikkis to roast. Pour some oil on the tikkis as well. Flip the sides on tikkis as they have turned golden brown in color.
- The tikkis have turned golden brown from the other side as well, take them off from flame and place on a plate. Now continue roasting these tikkis from another side as well until golden brown. Tikkis have turned golden brown from the other side as well, take them off from flame. (images 3)
- Turn off the flame. Let us now serve the tikkis. For serving tikkis we have taken whisked curd. We place the curd in a sieve used to strain soup and excess water drained out from the curd to the bowl kept below.
- With this we got thick curd and then added 1 small table spoon sugar to it and mixed as well. So, we have whisked curd. This sweet tamarind chutney can be prepared well and keeps good for 6 months.
- This sweet tamarind chutney is almost available in our refrigerator. We also have a spicy green coriander chutney. Prepare this chutney fresh as it tastes delicious. Also, we have taken roasted cumin powder, black salt, and red chilly powder.
- So, take a plate for serving the aloo tikkis. Place two tikkis in a plate and pour some curd over it, followed by sweet chutney and green coriander chutney. Now sprinkle some roasted cumin powder, black salt, and some red chilly powder.
- Lip-smacking and devouring quick aloo tikki chaat is ready to serve. We can also sprinkle some fine besan save over the tikkis. You can also place pomegranate seeds over the chaat to make it appealing. We prepare this aloo tikki chaat too quickly. So, whenever you crave for eating aloo tikki chaat then try making this recipe and share your experiences with Recipedekho.com